Question : Build-in VPN on Windows 7 with Juniper

Hi Expert,

We are trying to setup VPN on Windows 7 with Juniper SSG firewall.
As most of the articles and forum confirmed that the all current SafteNet version (NetScreen-Remote) are not working with Windows 7 (x32 and x64). After several installation attempts; we decided to configure build-in VPN on Windows 7 instead.

For your information, we are currently using Juniper SSG firewall and SafeNet VPN client along with a MS certificate server, ISA and RADIUS for the VPN connection on Windows XP system. As more of the Juniper guru already knew, during IPsec dialup VPN connection, phase 1 and phase 2 will takes place, and the xauth authentication (Ask for user domain credential) will take place between two phases.

I am not sure about build-in VPN on Windows 7 has similar configuration or not. Do you have the similar VPN setting as per above or come across with some articles that might help, I would appreciate if you could share with me. Thank you very much.

Answer : Build-in VPN on Windows 7 with Juniper

>> It is not compatible with any other client.
Obviously, it is compatible. I'm doing it.

If you have a IPSec device placed in the public, that is the best choice regarding configuration ease, reliability and security. And Juniper SSG is a very good IPSec device.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us