Question : dhcp migration

does anybody know if moving dhcp from one windows server to another can be done while the network is up and running with users on it or is it absolutely necessary to do it on down time?

Answer : dhcp migration

the detailed procedure is the one in the last post - you shouldn't actually need to create any groups if you want to apply it only to one machine, you just set an override applied to that machine.

So you're looking at this part of the description from the xml file: Example: For Server1 we enable the override parameter to True, and specify the parameters to svcmon.exe 1 2. This says for the Server1 system to activate this rule, and alert if there is less than 1 svcmon.exe running on the system or if there are greater than 2 svcmon.exe running on the system

Go to the Authoring tab in Opsmgr console and locate your rule.

(Click on "Change Scope..." and look for "System Center Managed Computer (Any OS), tick the box and click ok - your rule will appear in this subset of Opsmgr rules).

• Right Click Rule  --> Overrides --> Override The Rule --> For a specific Object of Type : System Center Managed Computer (Any OS) 
  • Select the computer you want to enable the rule for from the list 
  • Find the Parameter Name "Enabled" and tick the Override box beside it.  Change Override setting to "True".  
  • Enter a description in the override if you wish to track why you changed this setting by clicking "Edit". - my standard description is , ,
    .  This makes sifting through the xml later much simpler. 
  • Select destination management pack, if you don't have one already for your custom rules (I create a custom MP for every set of Management Packs I import), create a New one by clicking "New" and entering a Management Pack name. - Using the default management pack is not good practice and makes it difficult to upgrade things later down the track. 
  • Edit your other settings as per the instructions above - parameters for you will be java.exe 4 4 (i.e. no more or less than 4 java.exe processes).   
  • Again edit the description to describe why you changed the setting 
  • Again save to your custom MP. 
  • Click OK 

Voila, your override is set and you should be monitoring your specific server.

Hope this is a little clearer, any questions let me know.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us