Question : SSRS: Can I make a rectangle that truly hides

I have a report at the bottom of which has an optional section.  This optional section is entirely contained in a rectangle.  My problem is, when I set this rectangle's hidden property to true, it is hidden but there is still whitespace added to the end of the report (where the rectangle would be).  I don't want to create a sub report if avoidable, is there anything I can do to get it all the way hidden?

I'm attaching a screenshot of the designer with the rectangle selected as well as a sample output of the report with data.

Thanks!

Answer : SSRS: Can I make a rectangle that truly hides

I am afraid you may have to go with a sub report unless you can shrink what is in the rectangle because the rectangle must be large enough to hold what is in it.  For instance, I can put two tables inside a rectangle and then colapse the hight of the tables to almost nothing and then colapse the rectangle to that size, then if I do not hide the rectangle, the tables and rectangle will grow to show what is in them, beyond what the tables or rectangle were sized at, but if I hide the rectangle, it only takes up that miniscule size.  Your example looks complex so I am not sure what you have in that rectangle and if you can work with this idea but I think that is the only way to get it to work.
HTH
Chris
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us