Question : Excel dollar amount to text, zero fill to left, no decimal, respect 2 positions for cents

I would like to solve this issue once and for all. I have create such crazy work-arounds to handle this issue over the years we won't go into... I simply have a need to feed a mainframe system with fixed-format transactions where the amount fields are zero filled to the right, have no decimal, and where the 2 positions for the cents is respected. So that $1,254.98  is spit out as 000125498. My Lord that seems like a no-brainer but I just cannot get it to do it.

I need it to work seamless/automatic, even if I have to pick up the Excel sheet in Access and make-table and transfer text etc. As long as the end result is push button. Ideally I would like to have a way to do it in Excel only and an Excel + Access solution so I could create a little Access app to suck in a sheet and create the necessary batch transactions.

Thanks.

Answer : Excel dollar amount to text, zero fill to left, no decimal, respect 2 positions for cents

You should write the file directly.
Here are code samples under File I/O in VB:

http://puma.agron.ksu.edu/~sgsax/download/

Then, to format your amount field:

strField = Right(String(9, "0") & Int(curAmount * 100), 9)

/gustav
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us