Question : Error opening excel files: "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\Ryan\Desktop\xxx<wbr />xexcel file namexxx'.

I have been getting an error opening excel files when I double click on the file. The error reads, "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\Ryan\Desktop\xxxxexcel file namexxx.xls'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." However I can open excel files if I open the excel program and then click open file and search for it within a file path. Does anyone know what is causing this issue and how to possibly correct this? I have attached a screen shot of the error message.
Thank you for your help.

Answer : Error opening excel files: "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\Ryan\Desktop\xxx<wbr />xexcel file namexxx'.

According to rorya's advice, please try the following:-

"Check under Excel Options, in the Advanced section, there is a setting called something like 'Ignore other applications using Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)' - make sure this option is not checked."

Source: http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Office_Productivity/Office_Suites/MS_Office/Excel/Q_23319730.html?sfQueryTermInfo=1+cannot+desktop+from+open+vista+xl
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us