Question : How do I import data from excel directly into a sharepoint calendar?

Hi,

I'm working for the fire department.  They have a unique work schedule, running 24 hour rotating shifts in a cycle that repeats every 104 days.  They want to put their work schedule in a sharepoint calendar.  I have been able to import the data into a list and then create a calendar view of that list, but that solution has problems.  

As far as I can tell, the only thing that might be stopping me from importing to the calendar is not knowing where to put the "repeats every 104 days" information.

I am attaching my excel file that shows the format of the data I am putting in.

Any ideas?

Answer : How do I import data from excel directly into a sharepoint calendar?

As I understand you want to paste an excel spreadsheet data into a Sharepoint list and it's working fine except one thing - you cannot provide the recurence data, so by pasting you get only one time event and not recuring one. Your problem is how to add this recurence data in a spreadsheet (or somehow else) so you don't need to edit every item and set the recurence manualy. Right?

First a little background.

The recurence data is stored in the RecurrenceData field. Here is a nice article on it http://blogs.msdn.com/sharepoint/archive/2007/05/14/understanding-the-sharepoint-calendar-and-how-to-export-it-to-ical-format.aspx. What you need it to put into this field the following value
sufWeek>

FALSEorever>

If you know how to code, then the mentioned article expains how to update this data as well. Unfortunately I do not know about any method that would allow you to edit this field without coding.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us