Question : Connection problems after Virtualization, maybe Same SID?

I need to do a P2V on a Win 2003 server and later I will put that virtual server on the same physical computer running a 2008 R2 with Hyper-V. So before that, I wanted to test the scenario with my desktop Windows XP. I installed the SCVMM - Virtual Machine Manager on a server, works great. Started the P2V. When everything was done, image on server ready. I shutdown my physical workstation, started the Virtual on server, great everything worked. The only thing was virtual Windows XP asked for a licence key, interesting, OEM, got it on the label on the case, problem solved. I spent some time at the virtual xp, everything worked great. Then next day, I unplug the network card, started my desktop and starting installing Windows 7 on that physical workstation. Gave a different name, connected the network cable, put the updates, joined the domain. Then I realized the connection keeps cutting. I try to do a remote desktop, it disconnects in around 3 seconds. I copy something from a server, it kills after 2,3 or 5 seconds at the most. I am able to copy small files from other servers but no large files. Then I went to server room, wanted to remote desktop to my virtual XP, I put its name, somehow it tried to bring up the Windows 7, it almost connected, then disconnected. I shutdown the physical workstation, then it connected, no problem. Can the Nic cards have the same mac address, is that the problem?, or is this a same SID problem? Now, whatever we're going to do, I am going to do the same thing on the server. So, if possible, I prefer not to apply sysprep on the new virtual created. There is sql server, fiile shares, some dfs, etc  on the server so I prefer to keep the same name. Thanks for your help.

Answer : Connection problems after Virtualization, maybe Same SID?

Here's a screenshot.

MAC address settings for hyper-v guest.
MAC address settings for hyper-v guest.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us