Question : SCCM 2007R2 Collections Do Not Update

Hey everyone.

This is driving me nuts.  This is what happens.

I go to my Discovery Methods screen.  Select the System Group Discovery, Security Group Discovery, and System Discovery to run the manual discovery whenever I remove or add an computer to an AD group for Software Install.

The SMS_AD_ Discovery Agents for each return a successful process run in the Component Status logs.

I go to my collection and run the Update Collection Membership and refresh the page till the hourglass goes away.

Nothing in the Collection changes.  But if I reboot it, it works fine for a couple of days.  I've checked with MS updates to make sure that all updates are installed and it finds no new updates.

Has anyone run into this issue?

SCCM 2007 R2
SQL Server Standard SP3
Server 2003 R2 Standard SP2

Thanks!

Answer : SCCM 2007R2 Collections Do Not Update

Hi, did you check the corresponding discovery logs to see if something is going wrong?

Go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\Logs and inspect your discovery logs for each method. You can use SMS Trace (Trace32) which comes with ConfigMgr Tools or any other log viewer you wish (not notepad! It does not update the logs simultaneously) Open your log files with the log viewer and run the discovery methods. See if the logs start writing immediately, or your discovery is being delayed.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us