Question : Conditionally filter numbers based on digits beyond decimal point

Please help,
I have a table in access called [WorkOrders:TBL] that contains a field of work order numbers each being 8 digits long with a decimal place before the last two digits (so each w/o # is in the format of 123456.78).  I need to be able to filter out all of the work orders that have two zeros following the decimal place ---- UNLESS --- the work order was created by my technicians (I have 2 tech's).  All work orders created by my tech's end with two zero's beyond the decimal place, but not all work orders with two zero's beyond the decimal place were created by my tech's.  My tech's names are stored in another field titled "Requestor".

P.S.  My work order numbers are stored as Decimal numbers, therefore, you cannot use the asterick as a wild card preceding ".00" in the criteria field of a search query --- it's already been suggested and I've tried.  I believe Access will only accept the asterick as a wildcard for text fields.  Similarly, Access will not allow me to use the # sign as a wild card either as that seems to tell Access that a date will follow.... again, unless I'm messing up the syntax, I've tried it and an error message is returned.

Lastly, I'm still learning Access (I've only been playing with it for a few month's) so it will be very helpful to me if you'll please be as descriptive as possible in how to implement your solution.

Thanks in advance for any help offered!

AC

Answer : Conditionally filter numbers based on digits beyond decimal point

That should have been >0 instead of 0. I'm sure you corrected already.

(°v°)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us