Question : Dynamics GP Web Services PHP

I am involved in a project that needs to integrate Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains 9 Web Services. I'm wondering if anyone has found a library in PHP or Python that facilitates the interop, I've managed to make a couple of simple calls using cURL and mucking about in the XML, but the last thing I want to do is reinvent the wheel. Inventing the wheel would be ok, but I don't want to spend the resources if someone else has already done something with this.

Thanks in advance,
~A!

Answer : Dynamics GP Web Services PHP

Hi,

I'm not familiar enough with PHP or Phython to give you specific instructions, but I am familiar with GP Web Services and using Visual Studio to develop with and call the GP web services.

Can you convert WDSL or XSD schemas into proxies for use by PHP or Python?

If so, I believe you can connect to the web service URL and download the WSDL files, convert them, and then develop accordingly in PHP or Python. (I'm assuming your IDE will have functionality similar to Visual Studio).

The default GP Web Service URL is:

http://machine_name/DynamicsGPWebServices/DynamicsGPService.asmx

And here is a snippet from the GP Web Services Programmer's Guide:

When you view this file, you will see a list of the operation (web methods) available in the service.

Click the individual operations to see the SOAP messages that are sent when the operations are performed and results are returned. Click Service Description to see the entire Web Service Description Language (WSDL) file that completely describes the web service. The WSDL file is in XML format.

Typically, the WSDL file isnt used directly by the developer. It is designed to be read by development tools so they can learn about the definitions of the operations, objects, and enumerations provided by the web service.

This should give you what you need to create the proxies and start development.

Let me know if that helps.

Steve Endow
Dynamics MCT
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us