Question : Configuring Exchange 2007 with mailboxes for users in a different domain

Hello,

Here's a summarily of the network environment:

We have two domains and are currently unable to establish a trust relationship:

DomainA
DC1:  Server 2003 with Exchange 2007
DC2:  Server 2000

DomainB

Server: Server 2003

We just installed Exchange 2007 on Server 2003 in DomainA and we now need to setup mailboxes for the users in DomainB.  I reconfigured both DNS servers to forward queries for each domain and I am able to ping each DC.  In DomainB I'm able to configure the trust but not validate with DomainA.  On DomainA I'm not even able to configure the trust, error: cannot find a domain controller.  I'm assuming once the domain trusts are setup I'll be one step closer but I am still unsure how I am going to setup mailboxes for the users in DomainB.  Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Answer : Configuring Exchange 2007 with mailboxes for users in a different domain

No unfortunately not.  These two network have been running in separate environments for the past three years so the best I could to was establish an domain trust.  And I thing I may have it resolved. here's what I did:

Established Two-Way trust
Created a user in DomainA identical to user in DomainB, then disabled the user account
Opened Exchange Management Console and created a link mailbox and linked it the user in DomainB
Successfully setup account in Outlook and sent and received mail
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us