Question : Toshiba Windows 7 Upgrade Program !?

Hello , I Bought A Toshiba Laptop Qosmio F50-12L ,And You May Know That
Upgrade Program From TOSHIBA Its About You Upgrade From Windows Vista To Windows 7 Almost For FREE ,And The OS I Got Installed First In My Laptop Is Windows Vista SP1 X86(32bit) English Ultimate So They Will Send For Sure Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit English BACKUP DVD So Here iS my Question Can i Use The Serial Number That Came With That Backup To Install Windows 7 Ultimate English 64bit In My Laptop ? Thanks Alot.

Answer : Toshiba Windows 7 Upgrade Program !?

The problem is that you cannot get 64bit Copy Of Windows 7 which work for your Toshiba notebook.

32bit KEY will not be accepted in Windows 7 retail box version or the DVD of Windows 7 from other vendor.

When you buy a notebook from a vendor, the OS is OEM version and so your 32 bit key is of OEM version also. It is the OEM policy of Microsoft that every vendor has its specific OEM key and the key will be not accepted in retail version of Windows 7 or OEM version of Windows 7 from another vendor. If you can manage to get an upgrade Windows 7 DVD from Toshiba (i.e. if you are using Vista 32 bit Home Premium, you get a Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit DVD, there is chance that the 32 bit can be accepted, but I am not sure.)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us