Question : Calendar control

I want to create a form that looks similar to the calendar control, but that text can be displayed in the grid cell. This is to display the details for each person in the database and what tasks they have assigned for that month. I don't want to use Outlook or Task Manager for this.

Thanks in advance

Lianne

Answer : Calendar control

By "heavy duty" I meant a 3rd party grid control.  Access only comes with a few stock controls and no real grid control, none of which will fit your needs.

But the more I think about it, if your only presenting one schedule at a time, you could use a series of text controls, one for each day, to do it.

If you named them txtDay1, txtDay2, txtDay3, etc, then you could work with them like a control array.  The text controls can handle multiple lines by use of vbCRLF, so that's not a problem.

It would require quite a bit of work on your part (ie. you need to fill all the controls yourself) and there would be some limitations (ie. you could not bold one entry for example), but you could present the schedule.

A 3rd party grid control would bring a more professional look and more flexability, but it would cost you if you don't already own one.

Jim.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us