Question : Export Access Report(S) to Section(S) in Word

Hi,

I have never done exporting a report to a bookmarked section in Word before and I really do need help on this.  I have seen from other posts that it can be done for (1) report and a section in word.. however..

My question is:
1)  Is it possible to Export different Report(S) to different Section(S)/Bookmarks in word?  If possible, how?
2)  If not, can someone please tell me how to export a report to a section in word.  I have seen that you need to do a bookmark in word and there's this code about createobject Word but it just doesnt 'click' to me where I can put the code.  Do I put it in a command button when opening the report?

Thanks in advance for the help.  

Answer : Export Access Report(S) to Section(S) in Word

One other thing:

To export your report to ms word, you can do it in two (i guess) ways, depending on the report layout itself.
The easy one, is to add a button in your form and let the wizard to write the code to export the report to word.

The hard one is to automate ms word. To do that you will need create a .dot document, make all the design by hand and place bookmarks for every data field.

The first one is ok if your report is doesn't need parameters and with very basic layout.
In the second, you have full control. You can have the word report just as you have it in access.
I may dare to add another "option".

If the report just for reading you can send your Access report to any pdf printer, you can find a lot of them for free.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us