Question : Moving Exchange 2007 OAB's after migration to Exchange 2010

Hi.

I have migrated from exchange 2007 to exchange 2010 without any issues.
Now I am in the process of migrating from the temporary virtual server that I created, back to the physical hardware that the old exchange 2007 was runing on.
I have installed exchange 2010 on this box, and everything works fine.

I have moved all the roles and public folder replicas to the new server.

But I cant touch any of the OAB's on this server.

When i use the move command, I get a message about the object is  an older version (2007), and cant be managed by this version of exchange.

Summary: 1 item(s). 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Elapsed time: 00:00:00

company OAB
Failed

Error:
Property LastTouchedTime can't be set on this object because it requires the object to have version 0.10 (14.0.100.0) or later. The object's current version is 0.1 (8.0.535.0).

Exchange Management Shell command attempted:
move-OfflineAddressBook -Identity '\company OAB' -Server 'server'

Elapsed Time: 00:00:00

How do I upgrade them, and why didnt this just happen with the initial move?
I have tried going in with ADSIedit.msc and changing the ExchangeVersion property to the correct version, which allows me to get past this error, BUT I then get a premission error.

Summary: 1 item(s). 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Elapsed time: 00:00:01

company OAB
Failed

Error:
Active Directory operation failed on server.domain.tld. This error is not retriable. Additional information: Insufficient access rights to perform the operation.
Active directory response: 00002098: SecErr: DSID-03150BB9, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0

The user has insufficient access rights.

Exchange Management Shell command attempted:
move-OfflineAddressBook -Identity '\company OAB' -Server 'server'

Elapsed Time: 00:00:01

I might mention that everything works fine for the users, there are about 200users and 12 OAB's
I need to move the OAB's so that I can delete the public folder on the other server, and uninstall it.

I'm not really familiar with changing access rights on OAB's, what commands could I look into etc. ?

Hope someone can help.

Answer : Moving Exchange 2007 OAB's after migration to Exchange 2010

As error says : INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS

i think you need to check the permission on OAB

start > Adsiedit > configuration partition >service > microsoft exchange > orgname > addess lists container > Offline addres list and defaut address list go to the properties of both one by one and go to security tab and check if exchange server group have write access aand go to advance and check if inheritence is checked.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us