Question : Exchange Server 2010 SMTP Outbound Mail

Hello,
I just setup an Exchange 2010 server. It has been so long since I did the following I cannot remember what I did. Anyway, I need to create a HUB Transport or something that allows me to send email by using the SMTP server from my ISP. How would I go about doing this? The last time I did this I needed to use my logon and password for the ISP. I just cannot remember how to do this so I am asking for help.
Thanks,
John

Answer : Exchange Server 2010 SMTP Outbound Mail

Hi,

I would suggest that you start by creating a new send connector to setup the connection to the ISP smarthost: -

On the Hub Transport server, open the Exchange Management Console. Expand Organization Configuration, click Hub Transport, and then, in the action pane, click New Send connector > Enter a name i.e. ISP Smarthost Send Connection

From the Select the intended use for this connector drop-down list, select Custom, and then click Next.

On the Address Space page, click Add. In the Add Address Space dialog box, type "*" for the name of the remote SMTP domain, and then click Next.

On the Network Settings page, only the Route all mail through the following smart hosts: setting can be selected. Click Add.

In the Add Smart Host dialog box, in the IP address or Fully qualified domain name (FQDN) field, type the IP address or FQDN of the external SMTP gateway server, and then click OK. To specify more than one SMTP gateway as a smart host, click Add and enter additional IP addresses or FQDNs, and then click Next.

On the Smart host security settings page, select Basic Authentication or Basic Authentication over TLS, type the user name and password that will be used to authenticate the connection, and then click Next.

On the Source Server page, click Add. In the Select Hub Transport and subscribed Edge Transport servers dialog box, select one or more Hub Transport servers in your organization, click OK, and then click Next.

On the New Connector page, click New, and then on the Completion page, click Finish.

Courtesy: http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Server_Software/Email_Servers/Exchange/Q_23255078.html

Regards,
Faraz H. Khan
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us