Question : Print jobs just disappear when printing across network

I have a Windows7 computer with a Lexmark 7100 printer connected via USB cable.  The printer works fine from that system.  The printer is shared and "Everyone" has all privileges except "special".  Bi-directional support is disabled, as is "Render on client computers" (though I have tried that also enabled).

I have a second system with Vista that can see the printer (and some disk files) on the W7 computer and appears to print, but the jobs just disappear.  On the Vista system I can see the printer properties fine and even see when W7 print jobs are printing, and even Pause printing, Resume and even cancel jobs.

But any print job initiated on the Vista system just disappears -- doesn't show up in the print queue.

Where are the jobs going?  What do I have to do to have them sent over to the W7 computer so they are actually printed on the Lexmark 7100?

Oh, one other complication -- the Vista computer has two active newwork connections -- one is through a VPN, the other is a wireless connection to a router that the W7 is wired to.  Only when the wireless connection is active can the Vista computer see the W7 computers files and printers.  And both computers are running Windows Firewall.

Answer : Print jobs just disappear when printing across network

have you allowed the printer sharing on the W7's firewall exceptions?

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us