Question : MSExchange RPC Over HTTP Autoconfig

Hi,

I am recieving this error, when I look it up on the Microsoft support site, they recommend that I call MS for support, no further troubleshooting.

I believe someone turned on Outlook Anywhere and then turned it back off and this job is still trying to create hooks in IIS every 15 minutes.  I have a couple admins that are green but this error comes up every 15 mins.  I tried enabling outlook anywhere, and followed all the steps given by Microsoft.  However this error message didn't go away.  I turned it back off and still no difference.  

Any advice would be appreciated.  I would like to turn off whatever function is running that is trying to configure IIS for Outlook Anywhere, subsequently giving this error.

Event Type:      Error
Event Source:      MSExchange RPC Over HTTP Autoconfig
Event Category:      General
Event ID:      2002
Date:            2/10/2008
Time:            6:59:06 PM
User:            N/A
Computer:      MAIL1
Description:
An unexpected failure has occurred. The problem will require administrator intervention. The service will retry the operation in 15 minutes. Diagnostic information:

at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Metabase.IisUtility.CreateIISDirectoryEntry(String iisDirectoryEntryPath, TaskErrorLoggingDelegate writeError, Object identity)
   at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Metabase.IisUtility.FindWebObject(String parent, String name, String type)
   at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Metabase.IisUtility.FindWebDirObject(String parent, String name)
   at Microsoft.Exchange.Servicelets.RPCHTTP.Servicelet.FindIISVDir()
   at Microsoft.Exchange.Servicelets.RPCHTTP.Servicelet.Work()
An error occurred while trying to access IIS (Internet Information Service) metabase. Make sure the Internet Information Service Manager component is installed and configured properly.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Thanks,
Bryan

Answer : MSExchange RPC Over HTTP Autoconfig

Did you try this?
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb201695(EXCHG.80).aspx
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us