Question : Cannot join Windows 7 64 bits to SBS 2003 domain

Hello,
I am trying to join a Windows 7 64 bits machine to my SBS 2003 using the SBS Network Configuration Wizard but I keep getting and error saying:
An error ocurred when configuring network settings. See your network administrator.
I already joined a Windows 7 32 bits to my network without problems and compared the TCP/IP properties of both computers and they look the same. I installed the Update for Windows Small Business Server 2003: Windows Vista and Outlook 2007 compatibility (KB 926505) on my server but no luck. Then I tried to install service pack 3 of ISA server 2004 standard but I got an error telling me the installation source for this product is not available. So I canot install ISA server SP3. I wonder if this has something to do with the network configuration wizard not running. Any help will be really appreciated.

Answer : Cannot join Windows 7 64 bits to SBS 2003 domain

Look what i found in mighty google:
I have had the same problem and it is the same with Windows Server 2008 R2 and other 64bit version Windows.
I suggest the problem is with the ISA server that I am sure you have on your domain controller.
You need to go to ISA Server Management --> Add-ins --> Application Filters --> RPC Filter, right click the filter and disable it - select to stop and restart the ISA server service option when disabling the RPC filter.
In my case I also had to create a Firewall Policy to temporarily allow everything from all networks to all networks, effectively opening up the ISA firewall completely.
Make sure the Remote Proceedure Call services are running and then you should be able to join the domain.
Finally restore the ISA Server to its previous configuration.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us