Question : Access 2003 image browser form?

I have a small service call app I'm designing, and while the rest of the app is coming along nicely, the customer is requesting the feature of being above to browse through multiple images/pictures that may be taken for each call.  I'm guessing some sort of browser layout would work.

Now, I realize that storing dozens of embedded graphics is going to blow the mdb up after a short while.  I am also familiar with storing *paths* to image files in a text control and setting the image's Picture property on-demand.

But now, to show multiple images on a form from these stored paths...how would one go about this?   I was initially thinking of a form with 10 image boxes on it, setting them each to the first 10 paths - then resetting them as the user clicks a Next button.  Or, would a continuous forms form work here, using an image box control?

I currently have nothing for this, so any and all suggestions will be welcome.  Thanks in advance for any suggestons.

Answer : Access 2003 image browser form?

I've been quite remiss on keeping up with this entry...actually, I thought I had closed it already...

I ended up with a simple solution, a small form with an unbound image box and a text field to contain a folder path.  User sets the folder path, and can use another button to File Open the folder, browse through the files (suggested using Thumbnail view) and selecting the file to open the form and the image.  Simplistic, and still waiting for feedback from the user, but I think it will be plenty for him.

Thanks again for all the help and suggestions...
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us