Question : Remote Desktop client in windows 7

I manage 18 servers from home, so I use remote desktop, a lot.  At any given time, I might have 5 or 6 different RDP windows open.  I have three displays on my main PC, and they run at 1920 x 1600.  All of the RDP windows are are resolutions less than this, so if they are maximized, they do not fill the screen.  

I recently loaded Windows 7 Enterprise on my main PC.  Just as with Vista, whenever I open an RDP session, the window opens in the upper left corner of one of my screens.  But, when I drag the window to a new location (different place in the window, or a different screen altogether) the window reduces in size by about half, now appearing with scroll bars at the side and bottom.  So, I then have to manually drag the corner of the RDP window back to full size.  If I move the window again, it shrinks it again, and maximizing it moves it back to the upper left corner again!  

I know this is a pretty trivial problem in the grand scheme of things, but it's plenty annoying.  Does anyone know how (or even if) this can be changed?  Thanks

Answer : Remote Desktop client in windows 7

San3L,

The following steps fixed this problem for me:

1.      Go to Control Panel
2.      Click on Ease of Access link or Ease of Access Center icon.
3.      Select Change how your mouse works or Make the mouse easier to useoption.
4.      Tick the check box for Prevent Windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen with the mouse under Make it easier to manage windows section.

McKnife,
I tried installing the previous version of RDP client, but the install failed.  I can't recall the exact error, and I'm not certain it couldn't be made to work.  Since I had already solved my problem by implementing the steps above, I only tried the different RDP client in the interest of testing your theory.... but I when it didn't work right away, I put it aside for another time.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks all for the assistance.  

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us