Question : Microsoft Access Database

I know very little about Microsoft Access or any type of database software. I am in need of some type of program (FREE) that will enable me to keep track of training of employees. The database will need to just keep track of their names, the class taken, the hours, & the total hours they completed. I'd also like to be able to print off reports at the end of the year for supervisors. I thought about using Microsoft Access & was wondering is this the best program for me to use or is something else better? Also, does anyone know of any templates I could use or maybe a training database already done I could use? Thanks

Answer : Microsoft Access Database

MS Access is a non relational database. This means it will have issues if you have lots of people accessing it at once.

Relational databases are MS SQL Server 2008 (expensive) or MySQL (free).

You could use MS Access as a front end to a MySQL database backend. This would give you high speed relational databasing at low cost and a MS Access familar front end. Although it would probably be a bit awkward.

Alternatively you could use MSVS2008 C# to write a webpage front end.

If I was you I would hire a programmer for a month or so to put a prototype together.

Ryan
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us