Question : SharePoint: Error Moving File or Folder Cannot Read from Source File or Disk

am currently migrating a number of folders from one SharePoint library to another within the same site collection. To do this I am using the explorer views and / or opening the library using Windows Explorer. When I copy folders accross I receive the following error message 'SharePoint: Error Moving File or Folder Cannot Read from Source File or Disk'. This is happening even to very small documents and there seems to be no pattern as to whether a document will copy or won't. In fact some documents will fail to copy over but if I close IE and restart then they will. However the issue always resurfaces. Does anyone know what could be causing this or how to fix it?

Answer : SharePoint: Error Moving File or Folder Cannot Read from Source File or Disk

Are there any events in your event log that might point to connectivity problems? I've seen this kind of issue before when there's an unstable network and packets are getting dropped.

Did you try moving the directories/files using Site Manager? Did you get the same problems?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us