Question : How do I get Windows Server 2008R2 with Remote Desktop Services to use a Remote Desktop Client's audio hardware for VOIP?

We have a client who uses Vocalocity VOIP and eyeBeam software phones.  We have just installed a Windows Server 2008R2 server with Remote Desktop Services.   They want to run eyebeam within the Remote Desktop Connection.  I have been reading that with 2008R2 and the RDC 7 client that bidirectional audio is possible using the clients audio hardware so that VOIP is possible using RDS.  The user can connect a headset to the local sound card and run the phone application within the Remote Desktop Connection from the 2008R2 server.  However I have not been able to figure out how to make this work.  

I know where the setttings are in the client to pass audio through.  

On my server, in the Sound control panel on the PLAYBACK tab I have Remote Playback working using the Microsoft RDP audio transport.  However the RECORDING tab says "No audio devices installed".  

Aslo when running the Eyebeam software in the RD connection the program displays "no audio devices available."

How do I enable the server to use the clients' audio hardware?

Answer : How do I get Windows Server 2008R2 with Remote Desktop Services to use a Remote Desktop Client's audio hardware for VOIP?

I believe you may be looking for Virtual Desktop Infrastrcture (VDI)
Check out the following link:
http://www.ditii.com/2009/09/22/windows-server-2008-r2-vdi-server-side-configuration/
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us