Question : Publishing a web server in ISA 2006 that has links to network directories.

I am testing a way to allow remote users who have a AD account in our domain access to folders on a file server. I am using ISA 2006 std on a WIN2k3 server. The ISA is a member server and I have other websites.Sharepoint published with it. What I want to do is create a html file that has hyperlinks to shared folders on my file server. I would publish the site and users would authenticate through ISA and hit the web page. From there they would click on the link of the folder they need to access files.
What permissions would need to be added to the folders to allow user access?

I know there are solution out there and I am also testing Fileway but just want to see if this would work?

Answer : Publishing a web server in ISA 2006 that has links to network directories.

ISA does not control file access but is responsible for making decisions upon whether traffic requesting passage through its interfaces will be allowed or denied based upon firewall and system policy rules defined through the gui.

If the site is published and SSO is ebanled for the rule then the user credentials can be passed on. Generally speaking, I would normally enable all of the participating components to have Kerberos delegation enabled for all authentication protocols on the ISA and IIS server active directory objects.

If you are talking about drag and drop capabilities as well to these folders then webdav would be the normal approach as you have Sharepoint.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us