Question : Can not connect to a sql 2005 server HELP

I was able to access my SQL 2005 server until recently then all of the sudden I was not able to assess the server getting the below message.   I have tried to start the server and received the second message below.  
I enabled the protocols and that didn’t help I went into the service area configuration section and set the remote connections to remote and local.  Non of this helped any help in this area would be appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.
TAR
"Message 1
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)"

"Message 2
Unable to start service MSSQLSERVER on server DJ9QF3B1."

Answer : Can not connect to a sql 2005 server HELP

try to create alias for the remote sql server on the client and use TCP\IP protocol instead of  Named Pipes

But before (maybe instead): login as local admin on the server DJ9QF3B1 and check the
 MSSQLSERVER  service status - make sure the login account and it's password  is good
and try to start the service again- if there are problem to start: please post all related event viewer errors
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us