Question : Run a PowerPoint Tutorial Before User Log In

I have a short powerpoint presentation that has instructions for logging in to our new domain. I'd like to have the presentation launch before the user logs in to the computer (XP Professional) as it has instructions for selecting the proper domain. Can this be done using a startup script or do you have to be logged in before a powerpoint presentation will run?

Answer : Run a PowerPoint Tutorial Before User Log In

Use a StartUp Script:

Start up script - the script will run when the computer loads, getting to windows, Its running 5 seconds _BEFORE_ the LOGON screen (the one with username / password / domain field) are shown.

LOGON scripts - The script will be running after the user wrote the LOGON information (username, password, domain field). the user writing all of that and then the desktop and the user profile starts to load, and also with that , the logon script I've created.

Save the PowerPoint as a PPS file, post it to a web site or "open" network share and enter the full URL or path in the Start Up Script.  As long as the PC has PowerPoint installed with the appropriate file associations, the presentation will run automatically at PC startup.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/gptext_assigncomputerstartupscripts.mspx?mfr=true
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us