Question : How to configure a WSUS in 2008 Active Directory Domain

HI Everyone,
I am in the process of of trying to configure a Windows Update Server and a configuring the relevant GPO to apply it to one of My OUs but for some reason my computers don't seem to be downloading Updates from My WSUS Server.

I Have set up the WSUS Server and Sycronized with the Microsoft Server and downloaded all of the relative updates.

I then created the A gpo and configured the Computer Configuration->Admin Templates->Windows Components->Windows Settings.

I enabled the Configure Automatic Updates setting
And I also enabled the Specify Intranet Windows Update Service location setting  and I have configured it to point to wsus.mydomain.local for the updaet service and the statistic service.

I linked that to the OU that comtains my computer and I also added the Computers AD Group that my computer is  a member of to the Security Filtering section of the GPO.

When I open the Update Services on my WSUS server I find that my computer is listed as an unassigned computer.

When I loginto my Windows 7 Computer and search for updates I get an error code 8024402C message. When i go to change settings the options are greyed out indocating that the GPO has afftected its settings.

When I examine the Windows Update log fill I found the following Entries:

2010-02-02      15:22:46:124       920      674      Agent        * WSUS server:
2010-02-02      15:22:46:124       920      674      Agent        * WSUS status server:
2010-02-02      15:22:46:124       920      674      Agent        * Target group: (Unassigned Computers)
2010-02-02      15:22:46:124       920      674      Agent        * Windows Update access disabled: No
2010-02-02      15:22:46:155       920      674      DnldMgr      Download manager restoring 0 downloads

If anyone could please advise on what settings could be causing this error or assist in me reolving this issue I would be greatly appreciative.

Answer : How to configure a WSUS in 2008 Active Directory Domain

Im not on a windows 2008 domain yet but I know in server 2003 GPO the server location is preceeded by http:\\servername. You may already have entered this and just not mentioned it in the original posting.

Also could you take a screenshot of your WSUS gpo I would like to compare it to mine that is workin.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us