Question : FormView not firing to Insert command with databound empty CompositeControl

I have a composite control with child controls TextBox, RequiredFieldValidator and RegularExpressionValidator.  The control is working fine everywhere except in that when empty inside of a FormView the insert and update commands won't fire.  The PostBack happens and the FormView's ItemCommand event fires, but it never gets to the FormView's ItemInserting or ItemUpdating, let alone actually attempting the insert or update.  If there is a value in the field, there is no problem.  The control is not set to require a value in this particular instance.  I can't find anything when stepping through debugging.  It seems that the page posts back, fires the ItemCommand event and goes not further toward the insert or update commands.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this issue and how it could be resolved?

Thanks,
John

Answer : FormView not firing to Insert command with databound empty CompositeControl

I figured it out.  The issue was that even though the Render method was not rendering the RequiredFieldValidator, it was still part of the Contols collection and enabled.  No visual display was being given, but the page was considered invalid and therefore would not proceed to execute the update or insert commands.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us