Question : Combo/List box in Table

I have table with a combo box in it.  My thinking was if I put a combobox with a query in it I would be able to have aggregate total fields in the table to make doing queries and designing forms easier.

Example:

Make a field in my tblUnitMeasureDetails table called qryLabor which would be our Billable Hours * Our Labor Rate.

[tblUnitMeasureDetails]![PH_Billable]*[WX Jobs]![Labor Rate] AS qryLabor    

Is this possible?  When I tried to make a combo (or list) box it would not default to the first record, nor would it filter by the record that it belonged too.  

Should I use text boxes with DLookup for the table?  Should I use a list box (if so, how)?  Should I forget it all together and calculate on the form?

the SQL Statement is below

Thanks,
Joe
Code Snippet:
1:
2:
3:
SELECT [tblUnitMeasureDetails]![PH_Billable]*[WX Jobs]![Labor Rate] AS qryLabor, tblUnitMeasureDetails.fkFileNumberUnit
FROM [WX Jobs] INNER JOIN tblUnitMeasureDetails ON [WX Jobs].FileNumber = tblUnitMeasureDetails.fkFileNumberUnit
WHERE (((tblUnitMeasureDetails.fkFileNumberUnit)=[tblUnitMeasureDetails]![fkFileNumberUnit]));

Answer : Combo/List box in Table

I think your best bet with what you're trying to do is set up a form. In the BeforeUPdate event of the form
put your formula for the calculation you want to accomplish.

E
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us