Question : Taskbar not responding

I have an issue that has recently reversed itself!
I use Windows 7 Ultimate, everything has been working fine until the other day I started having a problem when I clicked on a window and it responded as though I had clicked outside the window, the focus was moved away from the window to nothing. I could not click anything on the windows at all (IE, Games, Explorer) however the taskbar was working fine, I could use the start menu and right click on items in the system tray but I could not select anything!
the way I got around this was to click CTRL, ALT + DELETE and then just click cancel and everything would respond again.
I read somewhere that it could be a fault with the graphics driver (strange as I had not recently changed it) so I updated it to the latest NVIDIA drivers (191.07). It did not help, so I restored it to before I installed the last program (Borderlands).
it seemed to work fine, but now I have the opposite problem occuring, every now and then the Taskbar will not respond (it is autohiden and will not un-hide itself) everything on the desktop works fine but the task bar is non responsive, CTRL, ALT + DELETE then cancel fixes the problem but it seems totally random.

Does anyone know a reason/solution to this?

Cheers

Answer : Taskbar not responding

Hi there garethmanuel,,,

All what  I can say in such a case is ,,,,,
Firstly, check if the drivers of the NVIDIA really support windows7 but since it was working as you mentioned it is highly lickly that there is no issues with the drivers .

Secondly,, do you have an AV (Anti-Virus)( with an engine which supports win7) Installed on your PC ???? the second possibility is that there may be a malicious software on your PC .e.g a Virus , trojans etc. you have to veryfy this .....

Finally, if you veryfy the above mention things  I may recommend either a reinstall of the OS which will not take more that 26 Miutes or to get the official version recently launched by MS and install it then check .

Best Wishes

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us