Question : MS SQL2005 Linked Server Setup for MySQL 7399 7312 error

Error:
Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
The OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "MYLINKEDSERVER" reported an error. The provider did not give any information about the error.
Msg 7312, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Invalid use of schema or catalog for OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "MYLINKEDSERVER". A four-part name was supplied, but the provider does not expose the necessary interfaces to use a catalog or schema.

I setup a linked server into a MySQL database on another server. The connection test pass, but I can't run any querries.

1. I created 2 data connetions, (a) Using a System DSN and (B) Provider string specifying the IP address.
2. Both connects test positive
3. I setup the Security in the link server mappings to my local DB login and the remote User and password.
4. The Server options are set to: Collation Compatible = False, Data Acess = True, Rpc = False, Rpc Out = False, Use Rmote Collation = true, Colation Name = , Connection Timeout = 0, Query Timeout = 0
5. Under Linked Servers Providers, MSDASQL, has Nested queries checked, Level zero only checked, Allow inprocess checked, Supports 'Like' operator checked
6. Surface Area Configuration | Services and Connections Local and remote connections Using TCP/IP only is checked
7. SUrface Area Configuration for Features Enabled OPENROWSET and OPENDATASOURCE support is checked

Answer : MS SQL2005 Linked Server Setup for MySQL 7399 7312 error

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us