Question : detoured.dll was not found error pops up whenever application is started

I believe that this is left over from a failed installation of Sophos.  Every time a program is launched, and alert appears on the screen which says: "This application has failed to start because detoured.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."  A look on EE indicated that some form of Sophos has caused this.  

Unfortunately, Sophos is unable to send me the password and download information for a demo of their software. I have requested this twice online, and it's been 40 minutes already. I give up on this.(I am disappointed that their website is not working properly, and this in my mind reflects poorly on the capability of their product support.)

How should I proceed with this?  If this problem is caused by some sort of add on to explorer.exe, is there a way to remove the offender?  

Contrary to what is written here, CheckSym.exe won't run in a command window, so I couldn't use that to do any analysis.

Thanks.

Larry

Answer : detoured.dll was not found error pops up whenever application is started

you will be able to download same the following site
http://www.4shared.com/file/59944973/8f6556f/Detoured.html
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us