Question : ISA 2004 Load Balancing mail & web on two adsl routers

Hi I have a SBS2003 Premium R2 server with two network cards int 10.0.0.1 external 20.0.0.1 using a netgear adsl router for mail & Web. i have a second adsl router 10.0.0.253 installed. Question can i use isa to load balance / shave the trafick eg 20.0.0.1 mail and 10.0.0.253 for www trafic so that i can get best performace out of both adsl speeds

Answer : ISA 2004 Load Balancing mail & web on two adsl routers

Your condition isn't standard due to the environment surrounding a standard SBS installation. ie Exchange, IIS, ISA all sit on the SBS box on a standard install. Because of this you cannot easily seperate out the traffic streams individually.

In your scenario I would likely do the load-balancing on the external interface by the introduction of a three interface router - these are available with one interface that connects to your external SBS interface and the other two are for connection to the Internet. The load-balancing is then performed outside of the knowledge of the internal system by that router. However, this generally requires two adsl links from the same provider.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us