Question : Itunes windows 7 64 bits compatibility management

I'm currently running windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bits Original. I installed Itunes , and everything went well, except when i wanted to backup my library. It just freezes on the backup dialog window, even though i'm able to go back to the main screen clicking exit button.

As a first measure i checked all the obviuos, and then i tried this "windows 7 compatiobility troubleshooting" on itunes.exe file. I first let windows set up the compatibility mode to XP sp2, with no result. Then i tried Vista SP2, then no result. I finally decided to wait for an update, and backup the library through external procedures.

Now my real question is HOW THE H...LL do i revert this compatibility thing from itunes.exe ? since the problem wasn't solved i can go back to normal version, but the system won't let me, i've tried almost everything including reinstalling itunes with no succes. there's no documented way to come back from that hole, am i doomed to run itunes in vista mode forever ????

It's very annoying because it changes the color palette, and sends 2 warning messages reminding me of my TERRIBLE mistake of going  backwards in time. Please HELP

Answer : Itunes windows 7 64 bits compatibility management

Ensure itunes is closed:

Run regedit and navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

Look for any references to Itunes in the right pane and remove.

Close regedit and try and load itunes
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us