Question : Purge Deleted items from database immediatly after message recall

I had to recall a message someone sent that contained SSN#s and DOBs. I recalled the message but some attempts failed. I logged into all the mailboxes, deleted the item from both the inbox and the deleted items box and am looking for a way to purge the database of all the deleted items to prevent users from recovering this item. Can I safely do this with a recipeit policy? I created on where the only thing checked is the deleted items box and set the value to "0" days. I'm not sure what to do now and am afraid it might not be the wayto safely do it.

Answer : Purge Deleted items from database immediatly after message recall

If the number is small, and items were deleted normally (to deleted items) then they will still exist if you have deleted item retention enabled on the database.
To purge these, you would go into the mailbox, open deleted items and select recover-deleted-items. When you see the target message you purge it.

An alternate method (may be too late now) is to use EXmerge to remove the message. You enter the specifics of the message in the filter and it can take the message out of all mailboxes in one go. This is the way large spam or virus-sent messages are cleared out of the system.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us