Question : Can't solve mswrd632.wpc issue

So I think one of my clients was saving something in word to the server in the middle of it restarting. Everytime I try to open it, I get an error that says "Word cannot start the converter mswrd632.wpc". I have tried deleting MSWord6.wpc from the regestry, copying another computer MSWord6.wpc file over and uninstalling and reinstalling word 2007. This error still comes up.
When I close the error messages, the document comes up as just boxes. When I open it on another computer, I get the same error or the document comes up blank. This also happens when I open it wordpad the same thing happens.
Other documents are able to open perfectly fine, this is the only one that is not opening properly. Any suggestions on how I can get this file readable?

Answer : Can't solve mswrd632.wpc issue

Ah, if it's not there, it probably won't help to delete it...unless you added it first, and then del-- no, just kidding. It's really sounding as if the document itself is hosed, since it fails equally on multiple machines, and all machines handle other docs without issue. Unless you're willing to try dumping the file to hex editor to see if there's anything salvageable, I don't know what else to suggest. Good luck.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us