Question : Microsoft SQL Server Cluster - Currently only uses port 1815, can 1433 be enabled?

Hello Experts,

Some time ago, a consultant helped us setup a Windows 2003 cluster for Microsot SQL Server 2005. This setup has worked well, until recently a software request was placed which needs to access a database on the server. It seems the software only accesses SQL via port 1433, however, our current configuration is utilizing port 1815.

As this was our first big SQL setup, and the consultant assisted, I'm not certain why 1815 is being used instead of 1433.

I only want to check before a change. Is it OK to add 1433 to the Network Configuration > TCP/IP properties > IPAll > TCP Dynamic Ports > add 1815,1433 (1815 already there)

I just dont want to make a mistake which could comprimise the cluster integrity. ;-)
Thanks for your time!

Answer : Microsoft SQL Server Cluster - Currently only uses port 1815, can 1433 be enabled?

Hello!

That will work just fine.  If you need confirmation or additional information on the subject, please refer here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms189310.aspx

Regards,

--isa
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us