Question : Repeat Header columns on each and every page of the Report

I am using the Tablix control  and  using the Add New Item to create a new report but not the wizard...

I have applied the properties mentioned here under to set the column headers on each page of the report...  But it will not work ... Please help me with the solution...

1.       In the grouping pane,  turned on advanced mode (click on the small black down arrow on the far right of the grouping pane)
2.       Select the corresponding (Static) item in the row group hierarchy
3.       In the properties grid, set RepeatOnNewPage to true

After applying the above properties, I am unable to set the Report Headers on each page it prompt  me the following error message when i preview the report..

Error Message:

The Table Tablix has an invalid Tablix member...   All Tablix members in Tablix column herarchy must  have the Repeat on New Page Property set to false..

Please walk me through and help me with the solution... Your solution is highly appreciated ...  Please reply immediately as it is very very urgent.....

Regards,

Sreekanth....

Answer : Repeat Header columns on each and every page of the Report

Sreekanth,

I tried this out on a simple tablix that just contains Details section and one Static item in the Row Groups.  The Column Groups is showing 6 static items, which matches the 6 columns that I've selected.  No groupings defined.  And I got the repeating headers to work, each page first shows the header row, followed by the details.

I'll post a screenshot for clarity.

screenshot showing property to set for header repetition in tablix
screenshot showing property to set for header repetition in tablix

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us