Question : Please HELP!!!

Serious, serious problem.

I have a Tyan motherboard.  It's a server with Windows Server 2003.
The computer is giving me a blue screen.  When I restart, it gives me the same screen.

It says this:  A prob. has been detected and wind. has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time.....

The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant.  Please contac t your sys. vendor for an updated BIOS.  If you are unable to obtain an updated BIOS or the latest BIOS supplied by your vendor is not ACPI compliant, you can turn off ACPI mode during textmode setup.  To do this, press the F7 key when you are prompted to install storage drivers.  The system will not notify yu that the F7 was pressed - it will silently disable ACPI and allow you to continue your installation.

I got the blue screen immediately after I uninstalled a driver for a music sound card.

I tried starting with F8 to go into safe mode, but it won't do it.  Same with F11.

This is a critically important computer.  Can anyone help?  It's worth 2000 POINTS!

Answer : Please HELP!!!

ralphwalkerdj,

if you uninstalled the audio card, does that mean that you physically removed it, or even replaced it by another one? In this case, revert what you have done; put the audio card back in, or put the old one back in.

There are a couple of general causes for this blue screen:
- faulty cards (graphics, audio)
- insufficient power supply
- bad new RAM
- interrupt (IRQ) conflicts ...

The last one is of special interest; because whenever a piece of hardware is removed or replaced in the system, this may cause a redistribution of the system interrupts by the BIOS, which then could cause a conflict.
So please proceed as I suggested; if that doesn't help, enter BIOS and disable as many of the integrated peripherals as possible: firewire, bluetooth, even the NIC (take note of what you disable and where you do that).
Then try again if the system will boot.

ps:
Unfortunately, the parameter1 "0x00010007" is not documented by Microsoft.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us