Question : Migrate from Mac Mini OSX to PC Win 7

Hi. I'm a newbie here so forgive me if my first request for info is a bit convoluted, or, at too long. Can't figure how to split it and have the all answers mesh.
Anyways, here goes:
Got a new HP PC (AMD 64 QUAD) and would like to bring in all my old Mac OSX stuff (plus my XP stuff that got there through VMWare Fusion) into it.
1. How do I set up a partition in my new PC to handle it? (New PC has a 640 G HDD)
2. How do I transfer the programs and data? (The Mac only has a 70G HDD - 'bout 1/2 full))
3. Is there a program to run the Mac's OSX on a PC?
4. How do I get my VM XP stuff into what is supposed to be an XP section of Windows 7?
Thanks for your help, and for helping me get my old mac off of my desk!

Answer : Migrate from Mac Mini OSX to PC Win 7

1. no need to do so, see points below, just install windows 7 and you are done.

2. Transfer data: documents and pictures should be transferable by an usb stick (or external HD)

3rd maybe the important one: No, you cannot legally run mac os programs under windows even not with vmware. Apple denies you that opportunity.
But, in most cases there are the same tools available form windows you get for Mac OS, for more details I need a list of names you want to "transfer"

4th: Instead of pushing the vm xp stuff into XPM (possible only with w7 professional or higher) I suggest you take the free vmware player 3.0 - for feature details see: www.vmware.com/player you can tansfer the virtual machine file based from the mac to the new system (external HD should do the trick, something USB related)

Tolomir
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us