Question : SQL 2005 - Create failed for database 'test'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.smo)

OK, I just installed SQL 2005 w/ SP2 on a Server. Now, I wanted our Database (*.mdf) and Log (*.ldf) files to be housed on the E: and F: Drives respectively. So, I right-clicked on the Instance of the Database name I'm connected to (i.e. where the Green arrow shows that its up and running), under "Select a Page", I then selected Database Settings and then browse to the root of the E: and F: Drives and then clicked ok. I even stopped/restarted the SQLServer/Agent Services.
When I right-clicked on the Databases folder to create a database, I type in the name 'test', just to make sure all is going well. I click OK and get the following error:
(See attached snapshot )
I've checked that I have the appropriate permissions, etc. Did I forget to perform some other configuration. I've never had this problem but this is the first time I changed the Database/Log file path using this approach because our business requires it. So....
Thank you Experts,
Wally

Answer : SQL 2005 - Create failed for database 'test'. (Microsoft.SqlServer.smo)

Are drives E and F physical drives in the server, or network devices?  Database files can only be stored on fixed disk drives in the server, trying to use any other device type will cause the error you receive.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us