Question : Excel.exe caused a Fatal Exception Error

Hi everyone,

I have a user who has been using the same document for a long time. Today she started getting "Excel.exe has caused a fatal exception and an error log is being created".
All she is doing is right clicking and Inserting more lines in excel, then copying and pasting. The error comes up 100% of the time when she selects a range of rows, right clicks, and when left clicking on Insert, it happens. She does this quite quickly, (quicker than yesterday she tells me). Could there be a reason why excel would start doing this?
A link to the log file (just the errors that occurred) is here : http://www.homemark.co.za/download/excellog.txt
It looks like the errors occurs with Excel, but it doesn't show up in the log file. It's got this:
Application exception occurred:
        App:  (pid=1084)
        When: 4/7/2005 @ 13:17:00.757
        Exception number: c0000005 (access violation)

Any ideas would be great. For now I have asked her to slow down with the clicking (might be a stupid idea).

p.s. machine is a P4 1.7Ghz, 256Mb Ram. Windows 2000, Office 2000 SP3 (plus all updates)

Thanks
Chris
You get all my points left if you help me out. Isn't that nice? all 110

Answer : Excel.exe caused a Fatal Exception Error

Hi,

After a lot of testing, the issue has not come back. Must have been the upgrade to Office XP. I wish we could have figured that one out though. Must just be isolated to Excel 2000.

Thanks for your help.
Chris
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us