Question : How do I fix Microsoft Exchange 2007 "Active Directory server <myserver> is not available" error on Windows Server 2003?

Hello,

Have Windows 2003 server running Exchange 2007.

Had appropimately 45 Active Directory (AD) users created and at least 35 Exchange Mailboxes configured.  Everything worked just fine for weeks then one day I logged in and Exchange no longer could access the AD.  Error message is as follows:

Active Directoryserver is not available. Error message: A local error occurred. It was running command 'get-recipient -ResultSize '1000' -SortBy 'DisplayName' -RecipientType 'UserMailbox''.

I'm attaching screenshots of what happens.  The first error occurs, then a second dialog appears and once I get through those Exchange comes up without any mailboxes.

I know Exchange is still hosting the mailboxes because I can still log into OWA.

I need to get my Console back.

Any help is appreciated.

THANKS!

Jason

Answer : How do I fix Microsoft Exchange 2007 "Active Directory server <myserver> is not available" error on Windows Server 2003?

So, with some snooping of our own, we managed to fix the problem.

I reset the stored credentials for the user account and the Exchange Management Console is working fine again.  

I found the answer in this post:  http://www.petri.co.il/forums/showthread.php?p=118602

The directions it suggests are:
1. Click Start, click Run, type control keymgr.dll , and the click OK.
2. Click Back up, and then follow the instructions to save the current entries.
3. Delete any entry that matches the names of the Exchange servers and domain controllers in your organization. Typically, you want to clear all entries.
4. Try to open the Exchange Management Console

Thank you to everyone that helped me with this problem.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us