Question : Can't view sheets even after unhiding all sheets.....VeryHidden???

HI,

Someone has mailed me an excel file. In the file I can see that he has given rerefence to a number os sheets but I can't view them. I tried to unhide all sheets, but excel says that there are no hidden sheets. When I am looking at the VBA Project list, I can see a lot of sheets which are just not apprearing in the Sheet Tabs even though there aren't any hidden cells. In the vba project I can see that he has used the below mentioned code. The sheets mentioned in the code are the ones which I can't view. I wan't to how to do that and how to undo that.
Code Snippet:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
22:
23:
24:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Dim x As Date
Dim y As Date
x = Date
y = #2/23/2010#
If x >= y Then
Sheets("Master").Visible = xlVeryHidden

Sheets("TL Data").Visible = xlVeryHidden
Sheets("ES").Visible = xlVeryHidden
Sheets("Project").Visible = xlVeryHidden
Sheets("TS").Visible = xlVeryHidden
Sheets("TS Report").Visible = xlVeryHidden
Sheets("ES Report").Visible = xlVeryHidden
Sheets("Project Report").Visible = xlVeryHidden
Sheets("2COMS").Visible = xlVeryHidden
ActiveWorkbook.Save

Else

End If
End Sub

Answer : Can't view sheets even after unhiding all sheets.....VeryHidden???

Sheets can be hidden at two levels: hidden and very hidden. Hidden sheets can be unhidden by choosing the menu command Format->Sheet->Unhide, selecting the sheet to unhide from the list, and clicking OK. If that menu command is disabled then either there are no hidden sheets, there are hidden sheets but they are very hidden, or the workbook structure is protected. To unprotect the workbook structure, choose the menu command Tools->Protection->Unprotect Workbook. A password may be needed to complete the unprotection. Once unprotected try to unhide the hidden sheet again.

If the hidden sheet is very hidden, press ALT+F11 to open the VBE, press CTRL+R to open the Project Explorer window, locate and select the sheet to unhide in the list of project objects, press F4 to open the Properties window, locate the Visible property and change it to "-1 - xlSheetVisible". Press ALT+F11 to return to Excel.

Kevin
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us