Question : Server hard drive, how to read off?

Hi everyone, I have a small application that's sitting on the server that I'm trying to copy onto a disc so that I may install it on my new computer. I lost the original cd, can someone tell me how this is possible?

I attempted to plug a Western Digitial external USB hard drive and the USB is a little newer than the server so it's having trouble reading it. My plan is to basically copy the files on the server onto the USB hard drive.

Answer : Server hard drive, how to read off?

Unfortunately, being able to copy an application like this is going to depend very much on the application itself. Some you can copy, more you can't because of the fact that they are quite often installed all over the place... e.g. the pap folder, the Windows folder, the Windows System32 folder... and other places. Sometimes, issues with copying like this can be resolved by installing libraries and stuff... not easy to give a categorical answer though. Try it and see what happens.

If the server is not recognising the USB HD, you may need to copy the files to a workstation PC across the network and from there to the USB HD. Windows 2000 should recognise USB devices though.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us