Question : Optimal page-pool size, registry size, and IRPStackSize for a Windows 2000 Server

Computer in question is an HP Proliant ML110 G4 server with 2GB ram.
It is joined as a member server in a Win SBS 2003 domain.
Reason for raising this issue is
1) When a user logon locally, the roaming profile fails to load (even for Administrator account).
- "Windows cannot load your profile. Please increase the registry size and restart the computer"
2) Attempt to logon remotely fails completely.
- "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service"
Application event log generates the following;
Event Type:      Error
Event Source: Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Description:
Windows cannot load your profile. Please increase the registry size and restart the computer.
OR
RegLoadKey failed. Return value Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service
3) Accessing a shared item on the computer fails, with the error message
- "Not enough server storage is available to process this command"

I have tried without success, the suggestions from the following Microsoft KBs;
KB 106167
KB 285089
KB 124594

Presently, the computer has the following configuration;
Paging File size for all drives:
Initial size = 2046 MB
Max size = 4092 MB
Currently allocated = 2046 MB (Recommended by OS = 3069 MB)
Registry Size Limit = 100 MB
Current = 55 MB

I am desperate for some advice on this issue.
Thanks

Answer : Optimal page-pool size, registry size, and IRPStackSize for a Windows 2000 Server

Set the virtual memory to a different drive if you can, and reboot, defrag the current drive the and than put the swap file back.

set the registry max size to something retarded like 1024, and see if you get a new error that might help you track down an underlying issue.

generally people say the virtual memory should be 1.5 the RAM. I've found setting the swap to 512- 3096 works better than 2046 - 4096 I have no idea why just something someone told me and seems to work.

I suppose I don't need to point out that it's windows 2000, and it's almost 2010, seriously time to upgrade,
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us