Question : The subscription(s) have been marked inactive and must be reinitialized

Hi

From time to time my replications say following "The subscription(s) have been marked inactive and must be reinitialized" and I cant't make out where the problem is, because on Subscription expiration i checked the radio "subscriptions never expire, but they can be deactivated until they are reinitialized".

I will explain how the process is. On my stage environment i make an update, then i go to the replication and say "start synchronisation". most time this works fine. But, if I haven't done a replication for a few days, I must reinitialize.

Do you have any idea how i could solve this problem.
Thanks
lanter007

Answer : The subscription(s) have been marked inactive and must be reinitialized

Okay, right I have set this up; here (at last).

If you open the Replication -> Publication -> [Database Publication you are replicating]
Right click on the database you are replicating; Choose Properties.

You should see a different modal window appear giving the following tabs:
General/Articles/Filter Columns/Filter Rows/Subscriptions/....

It seems that you have just looked toward the wrong particular properties window.

There is a general publication properties for the distribution database which stores the transactions and the properties for each publication.  We are interested in the publication properties.

In the general tab is the subscription expiration time frame; by default I created a merge publication that choose 14 days syncronisation otherwise expire the subscription and recreate at the destination.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us