Question : Running a query inside of open form

Hello experts!

OK here is what I am trying to accomplish:

I would like to have a form with an unbound drop down box that is selecting a date field off of my table.

No problem about that&

I would then like to take this field and have a second (sub) form become visible and update or refresh based on that selection in my main form using the afterupdate (or the what I have setup now is to click a button to run a query) on the field.

So when the user clicks and selects a date, the subform becomes visible and shows the field(s) I want the user to update.

What I have is a table that not all the fields are entered at time of data entry.  The user goes back to the table and updates later only after further information is received later.

Example is this:  The user puts hours into the boxes every day for 5 days&..closes and 5 days later the user goes back and puts a dollar amount that is spent on materials which then is used to calculate a total owed a customer for a final bill.

The user only needs to modify this 1 field in the table but only done at the end of the work when materials are added at the end of the work week.  I only want to have visible these 2 fields on the form.

I have my form setup&.I just need to know now how to take my query that runs outside of my form and make this visible and run inside my current open form&.

Answer : Running a query inside of open form

Yes. The subform has a name just like the normal controls. So you can reference it.

Say it is name "abc" , then abc.form.Filter will allow you to access the filter property of the subform. After setting that, you can abc.form.FilterOn = true
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us