Question : gp 10 resource messages

I am trying to find where in SQL GP holds all of the resources messages. Sure I can go into Report Writer and click on Resoources->Messages but it only shows them one at a time, there are almost 19,000 records in there. My cleint uses the word Job for Project and I slowly finding all of the occurences of the word Project. This is changing the screen prompts but not changing any of the menus.

Answer : gp 10 resource messages

I don't know, but here's how I usually find stuff like this when I need to do the same thing:

If you know where in the GP GUI (not report writer) the data is maintained, you can backtrack from Microsoft Dynamics GP Menu, Tools -> Resource Descriptions, and then tables/fields/windows.

If that doesn't work, but you know that the word "Project" will appear in the database, you could use a script like the one described here to find all columns in all tables that contain that word:

http://vyaskn.tripod.com/search_all_columns_in_all_tables.htm

It will give you the column value in context, so if you recognize on of the messages, you can go to that table and have a look.  You'll want to search both the Dynamics database and the company database.  It'll be slower and you'll probably get lots of false positives with a keyword like project, but this should hunt it down.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us